The only complete end-to-end counter-fraud solution in the UK
Crawford provides a flexible and complete end-to-end solution that increases the potential to identify, investigate, repudiate and penalise fraudulent claims. Underpinned by DXC Luxoft’s Financial Crimes Intelligence technology with IBM, Crawford Intelligent Fraud Detection brings together our vast historic UK data set with new claims data, third-party and industry data, social media intelligence, open-source data sets, and more to continually evaluate live claims against patterns indicative of fraud.
This system gives you access to a ground-breaking level of information and is backed up by our team of over 50 industry-leading counter-fraud experts, including senior solicitors, claims handlers, ACFS investigators, loss adjusters, intelligence analysts, and forensic accountants. With an industry-wide reputation for excellence, we are also positioned to provide data analytics, intelligence, training, specialist claims investigation, forensic accountancy and legal support to your own in-house claims handlers.
Covering multiple insurance lines, this solution can be in-built as part of the Crawford claims management process at no extra cost, giving you the most sophisticated counter-fraud mechanism found anywhere in the market today.
Our complete end-to-end service is focused on achieving the right outcomes from the outset of each instruction. Tailored for each event, our counter fraud service concentrates on:
- Prevention – We are constantly evolving tactics to deter and focus on stopping fraudsters from getting policies in the first place and making our insurer clients and partners unattractive to fraudsters. Delivering you with 'Know Your Opponent' knowledge to inform risk even before claims materialise.
- Detection - at FNOL and throughout the claim lifecycle. We evaluate all claims at the first notification and throughout the entire claim. Our investment in technology and process will only ever augment our people. Experience and people expertise remain central to our counter-fraud capability.
- Management - effective investigation and claims handling. When fraud is suspected, our investigation capability delivers you the savings. Our field and desktop investigators are informed by intelligence and data insights and supported by loss adjusters and legal expertise.
- Legal - sanctions & recoveries. Our very own law firm embedded within the UK Crawford business, Crawford Legal Services, can be involved at every stage of the counter-fraud process: prevention, identification, investigation, and management.
- Effective management of fraudulent claims to control indemnity spend.
- Sharing and development of best practices
- Bulk data washing against cross-class claims datasets
- Performing flexible claims investigations and/or total claims outsourcing
- Controlling costs and reducing claims spend
- Improving brand image
Why choose Crawford?
- Increased accuracy, greater detection.
- Less leakage from your bottom line.
- Maximises savings, allowing genuine claims to be paid rapidly with confidence.
- No additional cost*: the potential to be in-built into your overall Crawford claims management experience.
- The only provider in the UK offering every element of a successful counter-fraud solution under one roof.
- Dedicated incident managers, investigators and specialist advisors with national coverage.
- Access to Crawford Legal Services expertise,
- Unwavering focus on client care and brand protection.
- Unique ability to cover all claims types and all stages of claims lifecycle.
Want to learn more?
We are better together. Partnerships are key to delivering an intelligent and impactful counter fraud solution.Peter Oakes | Head of Fraud | Crawford & Company, UK & Ireland