Subrogation and Recovery
An industry-leading approach that's disrupting the market
We are the only UK adjuster that owns an embedded legal capability — our independent law firm, Crawford Legal Services. It is a no win / no fee service.
The principle of what we do is established, but the way our redesigned operating model works is unique. Our system-driven, automated referral into legal services enables seamless and proactive management of claims from day one. With Crawford, recovery becomes a mandatory forethought.
Both legal and adjuster fees can be recovered on cases over £10k by having Crawford Legal Services engage the adjuster as an expert under the agency model. For recoveries below £10k, we adopt a percentage fee based on successful recoveries. For those over £10k, we seek to recover our costs from the 3rd party.
- Proactively identifying missed opportunities and leakage on closed and existing aged claims
- Driving recovery outcomes on new claims
- Improving customer service and bringing money to their bottom line
- Creating cultural change and proactively addressing recoveries as a forethought
- Providing cross-class strategic recovery partnerships across service lines and/or by peril
- Obtaining both legal and adjuster fee recovery from third parties
- Improving cash flow and lifecycles
- Managing information tracking, empirical evidence and net returns
Why choose Crawford?
- Innovative and first-to-market dedicated loss adjusting and legal subrogation and recovery unit with a redesigned operating model
- Providing a unique level of support and information to Crawford's national and global network of specialist claims experts
- System enhancements force recovery decisions from the outset — our people cannot pass through the system without identifying potential recovery opportunities
- A single platform prioritising recoveries from day one with the first party handler and recovery handler aligned
- Benefits of a lawyer led solution — the advantage of reputation, privilege and fee recovery
- Ability and desire to offer agency model, differentiating from both traditional adjusters and law firms
- Driving recovery outcomes from legal triage, bespoke workflows, litigation threats and action resulting in enhanced market reputation
Want to learn more?
Our operating model proactively identifies and recovers on closed and aged claims and for new claims we have brought a new way of thinking to drive recovery outcomes and improved net return from day one.Jason Spencer | Managing Director | Crawford Legal Services